Projected Starting Lineup:
PG- Josiah Johnson, Sophomore- 30.6 PPG*, 3.4 APG, 8.6 RPG*
G- Carson Hammond, Junior- 10.8 PPG, 4.3 APG*, 5.5 RPG
G- Byrale Carter, Senior- 10.5 PPG, 1.0 APG, 4.0 RPG
F- Ty Prince, Junior- 17.0 PPG, 2.8 APG, 7.5 RPG
F- Sam Reaves, Sophomore- 2.7 PPG, 1.0 APG, 3.3 RPG
Team High: *
- The Cru are ranked No. 10 in the nation according to the most recent D3hoops Top 10 poll
- UMHB remains the only undefeated team in the ASC
- Josiah Johnson remains No. 1 in D3 men’s hoops in points per game with 30.6 (min. 2 games played)
- This will be the final road trip for UMHB, as the next road game will come on February 27 at Concordia, which is a short day trip to Austin.
About the opponent: Sul Ross State
Date: February 4
Time: 7:30 p.m.
Place: Alpine, Texas
- Sul Ross State enters this matchup second in the ASC West Division with a 5-3 conference record and a win percentage of .625. The Lobos most recently defeated UT Dallas, 85-77 on the road this past Saturday.
- Tristan Licon leads Sul Ross on both ends of the floor, as the senior has started every game for the Lobos this season, and averages 22.1 points per game.
- This will be a homecoming of sorts for Carroll, UMHB assistant Giles Gilliam and forward Sam Reaves, who all left Alpine to come to Belton following the 2019-20 season. The 2019-20 ASC Championship banner that the Lobos won will be hoisted on Thursday, as the school wanted Carroll to be attendance.
- The two teams met in Richardson in non-conference play on December 8, with Sul Ross winning 89-75.
About the opponent: Howard Payne
Date: February 6
Time: 7:00 p.m.
Place: Brownwood, Texas
- Howard Payne enters the contest 0-8 in conference play, in fifth place in the ASC West Division.
- Houston native Tyrell Thompson has been the heartbeat of the offense for HPU, as he averages 16.7 points per game, the only player on the team to average double figures in points.
- HPU’s weakness is turnovers, as the Yellow Jackets average 21.2 turnovers per game, and give up 13.1 points off turnovers per game.
- The Cru and Yellow Jackets will meet in Belton on February 20 at 7 p.m. in the second meeting between these two this season.